Wednesday 21 November 2012

Reality Tours and Travel News...Responsible Tourism Awards Ceremony


Ray Way, Chairman of Reality Gives and father of our founder Chris felt very honored when he received the awards in the sections "Best Poverty Reduction" and "Overall Winner" on behalf of the RTT team during the Virgin Holidays Responsible Tourism Awards Ceremony two weeks back. Read here about the event and how proud he is to be part of our team:
 
"My name is Ray Way, my son Chris and his partner Krishna Pujari formed Reality Tours in 2005.   I chair Reality Gives UK which gives additional support to Reality’s activities in India.

The sheer breadth and diversity of the activities of the companies participating in the awards ceremony was truly amazing.  One that particularly caught my eye was the Huilo Huilo biological reserve in Chile – a must for a future holiday.  The stories that some had to tell were truly impressive.  Perhaps most important was the obvious enthusiasm and commitment of the participants which was infectious.  It seemed more like a celebration than a competition for award.

On behalf of Reality I was delighted to receive the awards for Poverty Reduction and the overall award for 2012 – it was a very emotional moment for me and a wonderful recognition of eight years and commitment by Chris, Krishna and the team.  Later at the evening reception I was touched by the number of generous comments I received.

No comments:

Post a Comment